Say Cheese!

My favorite section in the store would have to be the cheese department. That's mostly because I'm obsessed
with cheese, I could live on cheese-- if I was stuck on an island with only one food option, it'd be cheese, cheese and more cheese. 

What a perfect place to be in love with cheese, because Trader Joe's has a wide selection of delicious finds from all over the world. To boot, for reasonable prices that won't break my weekly budget. 

One of my recent favorites, is the Blueberry Vanilla Chevre goat cheese log. It's a creamy and sweet dessert cheese, paired well with many items, from your favorite mild cracker to melting onto a sandwich, gourmet grilled cheese style. It's covered in hundreds of tiny wild blueberries, no artificial coloring or flavoring. It's divine. 

My long time favorite cheddar, and one of most popular cheeses, is the Unexpected Cheddar. It's crumbly, nutty, and a little tang! Don't expect it to be like the common sharp cheddar cheese you'd find at Stop & Shop, such as your average Cabot. Like the name of this cheese, the flavor is certainly unexpected, in the best sense of the word. My favorite crackers to pair this cheese with, as demonstrated in our store, are the Fig & Olive Crisps. They have little bits of fig with a zest of olive oil flavoring and they combine extremely well with this cheese for a flavor explosion for your tastebuds! A friend of mine uses this for her homemade macaroni and cheese, which I have yet to try-- but when I do, you'll bet I'll tell you all about it! 

Now we betta' talk about feta! My suggestion would be to go with the Authentic Greek Feta in Brine.
Greek made feta is made with sheep or goats milk versus American made, which comes from cow's milk. Trader Joe's Authentic Greek in Brine is made with sheep milk. If you've been using the local stuff, try the authentic Greek made and you'll see a noticeable difference in the flavor. 

Trader Joe's has a few different manchego options, my favorite is the Manchego Anejo Cheese. A hard cheese, nutty flavor, that pairs well with both white and red wines (if you're a wine drinker), and is a must-have on any charcuterie board (meats, cheeses and fruits). If you're unsure about buying a whole brick of it-- tryout the Spanish Cheese Tapas Sampler, which comes with three similar cheeses-- iberico, manchego and cabra al vino-- the last being a little on the softer side, not as nutty. If you've ever had a pecorino cheese-- it's similar to both iberico and manchego. 

It took me a while before I gave the creme fraiche a try, mostly because I wasn't sure what to do with it. With
a little Googling and the courage to try something new-- I gave the Creme Fraiche a try by using it atop a crust with smoked salmon. Mmmmm good! It's in the sour cream/yogurt family, light and creamy. 

Hope you enjoyed my cheese topic!  

What's your favorite Trader Joe's cheese? Share in the comments!!! 

Comments